Most of us go through life living in a city without knowing all the fun facts that make things why they are or how they got to be before we live there.
Well, here are some fun facts about Cape Coral for those of you who have not had the opportunity to visit Cape… and of course a refresher for those of you who already live here.
Did you know that:
1. Cape Coral is only 50 years young. That’s right, Cape Coral was not incorporated until 1970.
2. Cape Coral is the 3rd largest city in Florida.
3. Cape Coral has a waterpark! That’s right, Sunsplash Waterpark is located in the heart of Cape Coral.
4. Cape Coral has over 400 miles of canals. That’s even more than Venice Italy! The Cape Coral’s bridges heights tend to range from 7 ft to 13.25 ft clearance. Each of the maps show the heights at the maximum water level which allows there to be more clearance. Known for its hundreds of miles of canals, it’s easy to find a waterfront home in Cape Coral.
5. The First Road in Cape Coral was Del Prado Blvd, followed by Cape Coral Pkwy
And for my big finale….
The Neighbor.com website just put out its list of what it considers the most up-and-coming cities in the nation, and Cape Coral is close to the very top.
The website put Cape Coral in the number two spot of what it calls “The Neighbor Next 25”. Those are the cities it says are the “next big thing”.
Analysts looked at diversity, well-being, population growth and change in unemployment. They also looked at housing per capita and housing permit growth.
According to Neighbor.com, the population of Cape Coral has grown more than 24-percent over the past decade. To go along with that, it’s seen a 27-percent increase in housing permits. That’s seen as a good thing for helping to keep housing in the area relatively affordable.
Perhaps most impressive of all, however, was the city’s ranking in terms of well-being. In 2013 the city ranked 149th.
Five years later, the city improved to number six. That’s an improvement of 143 places.
The website makes note of Cape Coral’s year-round sunshine and warm temperatures. It doesn’t hurt either that the city is full of options when it comes to beaches, golf courses, and family-friendly entertainment.
Originally founded as a planned community, Cape Coral is regarded as one of the nation’s fastest growing cities. Only around half of the city is even developed, meaning Cape Coral still has plenty of potential.
Well there you have it. Some fun facts about Cape Coral you may or may not have known.
If you are looking to relocate to Cape Coral, please give us a call we can guide you through the process of finding your new home. Viamar Homes is a boutique Real Estate Developer in the Cape Coral and Lehigh acres area. Call Us Today formore information ☎786-663-0514